This study reviews key structural insulation technology categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, applications, and market factors and potential, and gives an overview of relevant incentives and regulations in major worldwide markets. This study will be of interest to current and potential manufacturers and suppliers of residential and commercial structural insulation manufacturers, and entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial companies interested in entering or expanding into the structural insulation sector.
The market analysis provided in this report is based on a variety of data sources. These include the most recent government, industry, and corporate data on structural insulation sales, production, imports, and exports; manufacturing rates and detailed commercial building trends used to help gauge historic and anticipated future market growth; data generated by recent and ongoing research and development efforts aimed at identifying new and developing niches for certain classes of structural insulation, and potential for associated growth; and available corporate announcements for keystone industry developments, new products and successes.
Structural insulation technology carries the potential to be game-changing within the industry. The technology is able to support increased energy efficiency, reduced amount of construction material (and therefore reduced cost), and in many cases easier installation, which itself helps to reduce construction labor costs associated with installation of conventional insulation systems. Thanks to increases in R&D and granted associated patents in recent years, new structural insulation technologies are expected to become commercially viable within the next five years. In this report, BCC Research analyzes each major viable structural insulation material and application, determines current market status, examines impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are assessed and discussed, as are the current and likely industry trends and updates. Sales of both new and replacement/retrofit structural insulation systems are considered.
BCC Research analyzes the structural insulation industry on a worldwide basis in terms of its manufacturing and the deployment of its technologies or products. BCC Research also examines key market drivers and headwinds and their roles in driving or throttling the global structural insulation market worldwide.
- 68 data tables and 47 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for advanced structural insulation
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Segmentation of the market by technology, end-users, application, and region
- Examination of the market dynamics and industry structure, specifically market drivers and opportunities in the global advanced structural insulation market
- Information on current and emerging end-users of advanced insulation, including commercial and residential buildings
- Relevant patent analysis
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Knauf, Nova Chemicals, Owens Corning, Rockwool and Shelter Enterprises, Inc.