The scope of this study encompasses the global and regional markets for Alzheimer’s therapeutics and diagnostics. These markets are segmented by branded and generic drugs, and mechanism of action, such as acetylcholine inhibitors (AChEIs) and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonists, a combination drug of donepezil and memantine, tau aggregation inhibitors (TAI) and amyloid-beta (Aß) vaccines. Drugs are also segmented by the stage of Alzheimer’s disease they treat, i.e., mild to moderate, severe and prodromal.
BCC Research analyzed each market and its applications, regulatory environment, assistive technologies, market projections and market share. Issues discussed include the major drug profiles, clinical groundwork, technological features and trends. The regional markets for AD therapeutics and diagnostics include selected markets in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, China and India. These markets are grouped as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the world (RoW).
- 27 tables
- An overview of the global market for Alzheimer's disease (AD) therapeutics and diagnostics
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Detailed description of Alzheimer's disease and discussion on disease-related events, etiology and epidemiology covering prevalence and incidence rates
- Identification of diagnostic tools and equipment; evaluation of important scientific and technological frameworks; and coverage of developments in the global market for Alzheimer's disease therapeutics and diagnostics.
- Information on products that are currently available for the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease as well as highlights of the promising new drug candidates and diagnostic imaging agents
- Market share analysis of Alzheimer's disease therapeutics and diagnostics, by mechanism of action, disease stage and major geographical regions covering North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World
- Detailed analysis of the current market trends, market forecast, drivers, challenges, and opportunities affecting market growth and discussion on regulatory and competitive elements that are affecting the future marketplace
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major market players, including AbbVie, AstraZeneca Plc, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Co., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer Inc., Novartis and Sanofi